Sunday, November 29, 2020

Zanzibar: Matemwe trip II

Beautiful views from the lodge.

 We traveled to Zanzibar this past week and enjoyed some relaxing days off in Matemwe, the northeast side of the island. Like our previous trips (Paje Beach, Matemwe, accommodation) it was all about eating seafood, reading a book, and refreshing our minds. I brought my guitar along this time which added a nice activity for me. Over three days we did not do much; we did not even snorkel or do any sightseeing. I'm always shocked at how the beach life takes over and one can be without any "activities" yet the days fly by and at no point were we bored!

Love me some seafood.

Perfect shaded area to read and listen to the ocean.



It's best to wear watershoes or flip flops; there are many sea urchins!

Ana wading while a woman harvests seaweed in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment