Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Zanzibar: Chumbe Island Coral Park: Trip II

View north from the lighthouse.

I can't believe that it has been more than five years since my last visit (Trip I) but I was happy to return to Chumbe Island. It remains one of my favorite package snorkel trips and it's great to know the trip is supporting the island and marine park. We had a booking snafu whereby they did not confirm our booking and Matilda was dismissive and rude but the manager Masudi swept in and was helpful and accommodating.

The visibility was not perfect during the snorkel trip but the coral was in great shape and offered some great viewing of the aquatic life. Ana even saw a Blacktipped Reef Shark which proved to be the highlight of the trip. 

I truly love the day trip nature and pacing of the trip. The forest walk was more of a forest narrative but redeemed itself when we climbed the lighthouse, which was closed during my last visit. The vistas of the island we beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment