Friday, February 9, 2024

Zanzibar: Mnemba Snorkeling Trip II

 

Amazing water
 

I had a great time on my previous trip to Mnemba and had looked forward to going again (Trip I). I gotta big up One Ocean Diving Zanzibar for their continued excellence in operating a relatively large scale trip. They offered free pick up and drop off from hotels in the area and our ride was a bit late so when we arrived to their office we were initially a bit shocked by the 20 or so people gathered there. We got suited up and loaded onto their in house daladalas. It's a pretty clever way to transport large groups of people, especially afterwards when people are wet. 

When we reached the docking point I was surprised at the huge amount of people, not only from our group but from several others. It was like an exodus down to the shore. A large hotel has recently been constructed and as a result there are several stands with curio and other goods with a long line of entrepreneurs hawking their wares. 

The level of service and experience was as I remembered it. The only drawback to this trip was how crowded the second snorkel site was. We were wading between boats and anchors and I suppose it's the cost of an amazing site in an area with many tourists. Either way it wasn't enough to spoil the experience and the first snorkel site was totally open.

Ready to jump in?

No comments:

Post a Comment