Saturday, July 30, 2016

Visit from Chinese Friends

Enjoying some fresh coffee on the coffee tour.

Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro

I was very excited when my friend from China asked me about visiting Tanzania. I strongly endorsed a trip here and excitedly told her she could see all these awesome African animals and then kick back on the beach in Zanzibar. I told her I would help her book everything on the ground and advise her on her options and before I knew it she had convinced three of her friends to join her! All four of them had been working in Shanghai for at least five years, so they were quite cosmopolitan and well traveled. Still, I was a bit nervous booking all of their activities as I only knew my friend and didn't know much about the other three.

When they arrived they quickly admitted they had been too busy to properly read all the things I had sent them and simply trusted my choices. I was somewhat relieved but still a bit nervous that they wouldn't like some part of the trip.

In the end, the trip was nearly perfect. They went on safari and spent some days in Zanzibar, all with Moshi activities interspersed throughout. We went on a coffee tour (Trip I), which I loved the first time, and also went to the hot springs (Trip I, Trip II). The highlight for me was doing a Mt. Kilimanjaro day hike but that will get it's own entry (see here). It was really interesting to see a tourist from a different culture other than the usual American or European.

Before they came they asked us what they could do to show their appreciation. We said that we already had most of the things we needed BUT it would be great if they could teach us how to make some Chinese food. Sure enough, they loaded their bags full of Chinese treats and one night we got together and cooked up a storm. They left us with tons of sauces and vinegars, so if you come visit us within the next few months, you might be able to get some tasty Chinese food!
Getting some great info on coffee

Hot springs!

Feast of Chinese food in our house. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment