Friday, October 27, 2023

Meeting culture: Photographs

 

What a beautiful calendar

My organization is frequently invited to attend formal workshops, meetings and other types of official events. One amusing aspects of meeting culture here is the presence of freelance photographers. Their main purpose is to take the official photo of attendees, which typically is one of the first agenda items, and then they are free to roam around and take photos of attendees. Whether this is capturing people sitting and listening to presentations, having informal chats at tea break, or any other activity, the photographers are there to capture the moments. 

They're very entrepreneurial and if they've taken photos in the morning, they'll have printed them and display them for sale outside of the meeting hall. Many attendees are dressed quite smart and the glossy photos look very official and professional. There is also the appeal of having captured photos of people speaking with big wigs such as ministers which can appeal to ones ego. 

I recently attended a workshop and I was surprised at the ingenuity of the photographers. When I exited the meeting hall I noticed they not only had a photo of me speaking on the phone, but they had designed a calendar with said image. I do not normally purchase photos of myself but this one was too unique to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment