Saturday, June 8, 2024

Cafe review: Kilimanjaro Native Co-operative Union (KNCU)

I'm surprised I never covered my favorite cafe in Moshai, the Kilimanjaro Native Co-operative Union (KNCU). It's a historic organization, the oldest co-op in Tanzania and the building gives off historic charm. They have a pretty cool history that's worth checking out and they are now the largest purchaser of small holder coffee in Kilimanjaro. Bringing it all together they offer a coffee tour that I highly recommend.

One of our favorite traditions was coming to the cafe for a coffee and a cake, in particular their chocolate cheesecake. I recommend sharing it with someone alongside your preference of coffee. The combination is like strawberries and cream, wine and cheese, peanut butter and jelly...put this pairing in the pantheon of paired foods!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment