Monday, June 17, 2024

Simba Farm in Kilimanjaro Region

Mt. Meru
 

One of the other things we were looking forward to while in the north was visiting Simba Farms. It used to be one of our favorite places to go on the weekend and although we have found a substitute (Kisolanza Farmhouse), there is some romanticism in the return to Simba Farm. And I really need to acknowledge them for all the improvements they've made since we last came. They've expanded their veranda area, included more activities, and are currently in the middle of expanding even more accommodation options. I was also happy to see the food is still as stellar as I remember it, high quality, healthy and farm fresh food for every meal.

Simba Farm is also super family friendly with tons of neat activities. I have to highly recommend their river walk which I was initially skeptical of. I was only skeptical because years ago it was a free walk but now there is a fee to pay the Tanzania Forestry Service. This allows the walk to be much longer and they have a really cool trail that takes you along a river, complete with a swimming hole for those who don't mind a freezing cold river stream! 

Simba Farm is another place on my underrated destinations in Tanzania and one that I think more people should visit, especially after a safari. Having two or three days to laze around and relax is the perfect compliment to safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment